- Lighter Options
- Broiled Fresh Fruit
- Baked Apples
- Everyday Favorites
- Apricot and Vanilla Custard Parfait
- Raspberry Oat Cream Parfait
- Strawberry Cream Bites
- Pretzel Crunch Snack Mix
- Individual Poached Pear Crumble
- Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Split Milkshake
- Backwards S'more Bar
- Pineapple Upside-Down Bread
- Sprinkled Chocolate Brownies
- Very Berry Pops
- Irish Coffee Pudding
- Special Occasion
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lollipops
- The New S'more
- S'mores Brownie Cookie
- Patriotic Cupcakes
- Lime-Orange Cupcakes
- Fruity Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- Sherbet Fruit Pizza
- Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Cake
- I Heart Chocolate Crepes
- Peppermint Mocha Frosted
Candy Cane Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Trifle
- Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
- Chocolate Covered
- Chocolate Hazelnut
- Mini Pumpkin Parfait with Cranberry Caramel
- Soft Christmas Biscotti
- Chocolate Holiday Spice Cake
- Honey Almond Spice Cookies
- Christmas Baked Alaska
- Coffee Truffles
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Eggnog Crème Brûlée
- Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Cake
- Extreme Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Patriotic Poke Cake
- Patriotic Cup Cones
- American Shortcake
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Taffy Apple Cones
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
Ice Cream Truffles
- Pumpkin Pie Shake
Grandma's Sugar Cookies
Prep time: 1 hour (plus 24 hours to chill)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes (plus 24 hours to chill)
Yields: 6 dozen cookies
A classic no-fail recipe, delicious when topped with cream cheese frosting.
- 3 1/2 cups Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 2/3 cup Countryside Creamery Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
- 2 Goldhen Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
- 4 teaspoons Friendly Farms 2% Milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8-ounce packages Happy Farms Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
- 5-6 cups Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, blend together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk, blend well. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Cut dough into thirds and work with only 1/3 at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2-inch thick. Flour cookie cutters before pressing shapes into dough.
- Arrange cookies on prepared cookie sheets, about 1/2-inch apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- For frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well to incorporate.
- Frost cookies once cooled, and decorate as desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.