According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, potatoes are free of fats, sodium and cholesterol. They’re also high in vitamin C and a good source of potassium.
- Many of a potato’s nutrients are right under its skin. So, use a vegetable peeler to keep their peels thin and prevent nutrition loss.
- Avoid exposing potatoes to too much light.
- Potatoes are a good source of potassium, which helps to lower blood pressure.
- Potatoes are high in vitamin C, which has been shown to boost your immune system and help fight cancer.
Storage & Handling
- Storing temperature: 45-50° F.